Briggs Marine Logo- Main Sponsor

Main Sponsor: Briggs Marine

Burntisland Shipyard 0-3 Bo’ness United

Bo’ness’ experience undoes Shipyard.

Another of the ex-super league big guns visited Recreation Park on Saturday and again the Shippy gave a good account of themselves against the experience and strength of Bo’ness United. Manager Grant Brough would be pleased with the amount of good goal-scoring chances his team are creating, however, to avoid suffering a 3-0 defeat, some of these chances need to be taken. There was a welcome return for Sam Glancy who had missed the last few weeks due to work commitments.

A strong west wind was blowing as the teams took to the field and it was the visitors who had it behind them in the first half. Shipyard keeper Ryan Adamson had to stretch to turn away a dangerous corner then dived low to his right to save well struck drive. A great driven ball across the face of the Bo’ness goal found no takers as the Shippy started to impose themselves on the game. Adamson held a headed effort from Chris Donnelly before the Shipyard should have taken the lead in the 20th minute. A delightful Glancy free-kick into the box was begging to be knocked home but all the Shippy got was a corner as their players seemed to be on their heels as the ball drifted passed them with everyone waiting for the net to bulge. Bo’ness lost Joshua Watt to injury in the 23rd minute and he was replaced by Kieran Sweeney. Brian Morgan saw a long-range strike hit the post and then Adamson pulled off an excellent reflex save as Sweeney tried to back heel the ball in from six yards out. Bo’ness took the lead in the 37th minute when Adamson failed to gather a cross under pressure from Morgan and the United man was able to turn the loose ball home. It became 2-0 in the 43rd minute when a free-kick from the right was converted by Ali El-Zubaidi.

Reece Brown challenges for the ball.

The Shipyard started the second half brightly and almost got one back straight away but Robbie Crawford saw his acrobatic attempt strike the post and Bo’ness keeper Andrew Murphy reacted well to block the follow up. The Shipyard suffered an injury blow with Johnny Galloway limping off to be replaced by Scott Powrie. Jordan Galloway saw his shot saved and with the Shipyard exerting a bit of pressure Bo’ness were happy to see another ball into the box deflected wide. Young Shippy forward Reece Brown then had two attempts in as many minutes as he firstly saw his shot held before Murphy found his second strike more difficult to deal with and was happy to push the ball away at the expense of a corner. Bo’ness came back into the match with a looping header back across the goal not too far away and a William Snowdon volley rising over the bar. Bo’ness went 3-0 ahead in the 83rd minute and sealed the points with a fine goal. A clever pass through the Shipyard defence found Sweeney in space and he made no mistake from around twelve yards. Brown had another shot that went wide as the match entered the final few minutes and the visitors saw the game out without further ado to claim the three points while the Shipyard are still looking for their first league victory after four matches.

Burntisland Shipyard: R. Adamson, C. Simpson, S. Glancy, R. O’Donnell, R. Lennie, S. Strang, R. Bernard, R. Crawford, R. Brown, Jon. Galloway (S. Powrie), Jor. Galloway (D. Anderson). Unused Subs: P. Bell, S. Brough, M. Jarrett.

Bo’ness United: A. Murphy, J. MacDonald, I. Syme, W. Snowdon, A. El-Zubaidi, M. Gemmil, B. Morgan, C. Donnelly, A. Mackenzie (J. Rintoul), N. Prentice (A. Shirra), J. Watt (K. Sweeney). Unused Subs: M. Wright, A. Marshall.

Referee: A. Strang.