Briggs Marine Logo- Main Sponsor

Main Sponsor: Briggs Marine

Burntisland Shipyard. 5 Fair City. 1

Glendale Plastics League

Burntisland Shipyard. 5 Fair City. 1

4 goals inside the first 18 minutes ensured the points stayed at Recreation Park and continued Billy Whitehead’s unbeaten start to management. On a grey afternoon in Burntisland, it took the home side less than a minute to take the lead when Bryan Cook rose highest to bullet home a corner from the right-hand side. In the 8th minute it was 2-0 this time Kevin Huskie was the scorer with a delightful chip over the keeper and into the top corner. The Shipyard were playing some great football and in the 13th minute Stephen Bristow scored the third after some fine build up down the Shipyard left. 5 minutes later it was 4-0 Bristow again the scorer, this time stabbing the ball home from 6 yards out. The Shipyard were still creating chances but could not add to their lead, indeed Fair City missed a great chance just before half time when a shot was blazed over the bar from a good position.

The Shipyard started the second half as they did the first by scoring a quick goal, this time Neil Johnston was on the mark with a fine strike into the corner of the net from 18 yards. This was to be the last goal for the Shipyard as the foot came off the gas and Fair City came back into the game and had a couple of chances before scoring in the 72nd minute. Three Fair City players seemed to be offside when the ball was played through but there was no whistle and they were allowed to bear down on goal, where another pass was made to a player who was in front of the ball, he ignored calls for offside and put the ball into the net. After this there was not much action in the game and the final scoreline was 5-1 in the Shipyard’s favour.


Burntisland Shipyard: Chalmers; Hardie; Aitken; Muirhead; Cook; Huskie(Reid); O’Hanlon(Ferguson); Noble(Tasker); Johnston; Bristow; Hamilton. Unused Subs: Hutt; Coull.

Fair City: Robson; McPhee; Blyth; Dott; Jones; Swan; Gormley; McLenan; Mangan; Thomson; Crighton. Sub; Birrell.

Referee: N. Martin.