Briggs Marine Logo- Main Sponsor

Main Sponsor: Briggs Marine

Ormiston 2 Burntisland Shipyard 1

Late Ormiston goal beats Shipyard again.

The Shipyard travelled to Ormiston with a somewhat depleted squad as Kevin Masson and Blair Smart were suspended. What must have disappointed the management was the fact that Brendan Napier, Ethan Anderson, Andy MacDonald and Joe Samson were all unavailable. Jamie Bouhaddou signed on loan from Cowdenbeath made his debut for the club with Ewan Henderson, Billy Rogerson and John Paul McPhail returning to the starting line-up. In the absence of manager Alex Lowe, Neil McLeod took charge, assisted by Tommy Roxburgh.

Traffic chaos on the M8 meant the Shipyard warm –up was severely curtailed and keeper Jordan Mushet arrived only 15 minutes before kick-off. Despite this unfortunate situation, it was the Shipyard that started the livelier of the two sides. Adam Doig showed good skills to create an opening after only three minutes but his shot went wide. The Shipyard continued to press and on the 15 minute mark, Henderson made a run from the centre of the park and, after some good passing interchanges with Dale Robertson, found himself clear in the Ormiston box and placed the ball beyond Combe to give the Shipyard a deserved lead. Ormiston lifted their performance but, although Ross was able to get a few shots away, none were on target and Shipyard retained their 1 – 0 lead at half-time.

Ormiston started the second half with more determination and Ross and Cunningham both had chances to find an equaliser. In the 50th minute, Ormiston were awarded a penalty when Alan Clark was yellow-carded for a foul on Ross. Cunningham took the kick and amazed everyone when he chipped a weak effort straight into the hands of Mushet. The Shipyard were still not getting to grips with the game and, although they managed a few flourishes on goal, as the wind strengthened behind Ormiston, so did the pressure on the Shipyard. Substitutions were made by both sides in an attempt to change things. The Ormiston pressure paid off after a series of corners when a Ross run was not picked up and he headed home, with under 10 minutes remaining. In the final minute of normal time, Quinn found himself in the clear and his finish gave Mushet no chance and ensured the points went Ormiston’s way.

Neil McLeod made no excuses for the result making the point that his team got exactly what they deserved after a very disappointing second half.

Burntisland Shipyard: J. Mushet; C. Lowe; J. Bouhaddou; T. Arthur; A. Clark; JP. McPhail; D. Robertson; B. Rogerson; E. Henderson; A. Doig; S. Keatings. Subs: R. Wilson & P. Bell.

Referee: P. Hanlon.