Briggs Marine Logo- Main Sponsor

Main Sponsor: Briggs Marine

Burntisland Shipyard 1 Tynecastle 0

Shipyard battle to record memorable win.

Well I don’t think anyone saw this one coming given the recent results, however, the Shippy duly seen off their visitors Tynecastle for only their second league win of the season, and recorded their first clean sheet into the bargain. It took an impressive rearguard action and a fine display from keeper Cammy Lambie to ensure the three points remained at Recreation Park after Gordon Bowers had given his side a half-time lead. Steven Wilson returned to the centre of defence, Denis Ginc made a rare start up front, meanwhile Conor Drury returned to the centre of midfield having missed a few games recently.

Tynecastle dominated from the start as they stroked the ball around with confidence but they couldn’t find  a way past the stubborn home defence. The Shipyard took the lead in the 22nd minute when Bowers received a pass at the edge of the box and smashed an unstoppable shot beyond Tynecastle keeper Cockburn. The visitors remained on the front foot but still could not find the net as the woodwork and Lambie denied them.

The second period continued in the same vein but Wilson marshalled  his defence well and at the other end Lee Halpin kept the Tynecastle defence on their toes as he created some problems for them. As time wore on Tynecastle’s play began to lose its composure and their front line were snatching at chances that came their way. Ginc broke clear with five minutes remaining and could have settled matters but he did not find the target as he shot well wide of goal as the keeper advanced towards him. Despite a nail biting seven minutes of added time played, the Shipyard held on for a memorable victory.

The management team of Chris and Craig were understandably proud or the way their team had battled to hold on and take three well deserved points and we’re full of praise for their players.

This Saturday sees the team head to Coldstream again, this time for a King Cup second round tie with the kick off being at 2.30pm

Burntisland Shipyard: C. Lambie, S. Powrie, C. McAleavey, S. Wilson, K. Ford, E. Fotheringham (S. Cusick) , C. Drury (D. Hyslop), G. Bowers, R. Calder (A. Haddow)  D. Ginc, L. Halpin. Unused sub: T. Hall

Tynecastle: Cockburn, Ross, McIntyre, Ferguson, Leslie, Mitchell, Muttitt, Crabbe, Khosrowpour, Mayer, Cowan. Subs: McMullen, Catlin, Grant.

Referee: K.Maskell.