Briggs Marine Logo- Main Sponsor

Main Sponsor: Briggs Marine

Burntisland Shipyard. 4 Inverkeithing H.S. 0

Glendale Plastics League
Burntisland Shipyard. 4 Inverkeithing HS. 0
The Shipyard ran out comfortable winners on a fine afternoon at Recreation Park, despite having a depleted squad through injury and suspension. Manager Whitehead was forced to make four changes from last week.
It was the Shipyard who started well and forced a couple of early corners which came to nothing. In the 6th minute after a good run from Ferguson, it was the referee’s whistle for offside that halted Bristow. The Shipyard did break the deadlock in the 9th minute when good work from Johnston, left Shaun Lamont with the easiest of tasks to stroke the ball home. 3 minutes later it was 2-0 when Stephen Bristow latched onto a through ball and scored despite the keeper Cowie getting a hand to the ball. Inverkeithing were not creating much and it was Bristow who went close again but, after turning smartly he shot over the bar. Ferguson somehow managed to miss in the 29th minute when after being set up by Bristow, he managed to put the ball over from 10 yards with the goal gaping. In the 31st minute Chalmers made his first save in the Shipyard goal, holding an effort that was straight at him. The Shipyard went close again when Ferguson cut in from the right hand side but, neither shot or passed and the ball was cleared for a corner. Neil Johnston made it 3-0 in the 41st minute after¬†gathering a loose ball, he¬†produced a clever finish from the angle of the box.
The second half started much quieter and in the 61st minute, Chalmers saw a rare piece of action gathering a tame shot. The Shipyard were on top again and went close when Bristow shot over in the 73rd minute, two minutes later Allan headed over a McCue corner. Almost immediately Bristow had another chance but, he slightly overran the ball and failed to square it to one of his team mates. Muirhead was next to try his luck with a freekick, which was easily saved. In the 84th minute Inverkeithing had two players sent off at the same time, after a handball Wilson was harshly given a straight red card and Armour soon followed him for a second bookable offence(dissent). From the resultant freekick McCue’s effort was easily saved by the keeper. Johnston could have made it 4 but, when clean through his shot was well saved by the keeper. In the final minute Bristow got his second of the match, with the goal of the game, when he latched onto a through ball and from tight angle fired a fierce drive across the keeper and into the bottom corner.

Teams: Burntisland Shipyard: Chalmers; Ferguson(Reid); Aitken; Muirhead; Allan; Forrest; Morris; Lamont(Huskie); Johnston; Bristow; McCue. Unused Subs: O’Hanlon; Hardie; Wilson.

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts: Cowie; Urbaniak; Wilson; McGillvary; Simpson; Armour; Pert; Dundas; Gallacher; Ritchie; Jamieson. Subs: Gordon; Satha; Nugent; Trebble.